Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kids and Cake




Savannah modeling the cute towel she got for Christmas from Grandpa and Grandma Murray!



Jonah and Ryanne enjoying their "Banana Candy". My mom sliced a banana one day and put sprinkles on it and Banana Candy was born. A semi-healthy snack?




I really enjoy baking and decorating cakes. I wanted to learn how to make stars, borders and all types of stuff so I signed up for a basic 2-week class and this clown cake was our finished product.I left in on the counter, covered of course, and the next morning before I got home from the gym.....




Jonah and Ryanne discovered the cake and decided to taste it! I can't really blame them, oh well!





6 comments:

Kim said...

Good job on the cake. I think kids fingers and cakes are magnets to each other. I don't think I have made a birthday cake yet where somebody didn't going sticking their finger in it. Cute kids.

Holly said...

Way cute cake! I wish I had your skills for the dinosaur cake I need to pull off on Saturday!!! You are welcome to come anytime. E-mail me.

Kim said...

I'm glad that you figured it out. I hope I didn't make you feel bad I just thought I would let you know. I don't know that much myself, but I have figured out a thing or two.

camilla said...

Mare-
You need to tell Lar to start a blog, I want to know how she is doing! I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes, can we have like our own little activity sometime?
-Camilla

The Flynn's said...

Cute towel, cute bananas, cute cake! I think cake decorating would be fun too! As much as I hate to cook and bake, or do much of anything in the kitchen, I think that might actually be fun.

Audrey and the Boys said...

Mare-
That cake is beautiful! You really are talented. I wish I had the $$ to fly you out for Owen's and WIll's birthdays to decorate their cakes!! I can't even post my cake photos now. I'll have to stick to cupcakes:)