Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dryer Anyone?


I know that everyone's child has climbed in the dryer, but I still find it so interesting that children are so mesmerized by the simpliest things. Savannah was so proud of herself when she climbed in there and Ryanne wanted to be a part of it too!
I don't know if it is just the cold weather that we are not used to or if this is just the town of germs, but our family cannot seem to stay healthy. I was sick for a total of a four weeks, partly over Christmas, and somehow the kids never got sick. Ironically, the day after I finally started feeling better Jonah came down with flu like symptons and was down for a week. Ryanne lost her voice and had a cough, but at the beginning of this week they seemed to be on the mend. Not so. Ry woke up Wednesday and I knew as soon as I looked at her that she had conjunctivitus. Four days later she is no better and still running a fever. The eyedrops are not helping at all, so I think I am going to have to take her back to the doctor on Monday. She also has a stomach of steel, so I was surprised when she threw up in the middle of the night the other day. I was just lucky that Matt was still downstairs and I had already gone to bed, so he got to clean up. The next day at the hospital, a patient of his added to the wonderful cleanup of bodily fluids that he had to do, but I won't go into too much detail on that story. It was kinda funny, though.
I just hope that soon Ry will be back to her cheerful little self because it is so sad to see her just crying and laying around all day.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am feeling for you on the sick stuff, it is horrible. We through times like that too where I wonder if we will ever be healthy again. I hope she gets feeling better soon.

Audrey and the Boys said...

Will is sick again too! This winter weather is the worst!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

my kids have never tried to climb in the dryer but i have been tempted to put them in!