Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am a healthy eater. It is mostly my moms fault. She always made us eat healthy when I was growing up and I liked it. Sure, I like to bake, alot, but it is always from scratch and somehow that just seems healthier? (Try to make sense of that somehow) and I am trying to cut back on how much I bake. Like trying not to do it every single day.

I don't know. I would rather eat kale, swiss chard, lentils, edamame, tofu, bulgur, quinoa, beans, hummus, berries, watermelon, etc. than a cheeseburger anyday. It is just my personal preference.
Matt, on the other hand, well he could survive on McDonalds. After watching Super Size Me, he actually wanted to eat a Big Mac. Wierd? Yes.

Well, just like everyone else, we compromise.
I know Matt likes Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries or Strawberry PopTarts for breakfast and because I think it is better to eat something than nothing, at least if you are Matt, I keep a few of his favorite junk foods in stock. I try to hide them from the kids and most of the time they are ok with the fact that certain things are only for Dad.
But sometimes, they throw a fit and really beg for some of it. I break down and give them the occasional PopTart.
How boring would it be if Matt and I loved the same kinds of food? I don't know, but sometimes I wonder.......

6 comments:

~Jordyn said...

haha! those are great pictures!

Cindy said...

Cute! How long before they noticed the poptart? I confess it took me a bit to figure out the connection between the words and the pictures!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Definitely too boring. Opposites attract right?? I remember Dad's secret stashes growing up.

Jared and Katy said...

Love the half eaten pop-tart in the popcorn bowl! I [heart] poptarts!

stephschmidt said...

Dallin LOVES pop tarts! They are absolutely one of his favorite things. I'm with you though, I'll take the fresh fruit and veggies over the junk any day - well, most of the time... :)

The Flynn's said...

These pictures crack me up. Yummy! I want to join them.