Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sprinkle Pancakes




Last St. Patrick's Day, We decided to make green pancakes. I added green food coloring to the batter and sprinkled them with green sprinkles. I even added mini chocolate chips- sprinkle pancakes were born. My kids love these and I love them too, because they add just enough sweetness to the pancakes so that we don't use syrup, honey, jam or anything else like that on top. Less sticky clean-up for me.

We now have sprinkle pancakes a couple times a month and my kids always ask for them. I just put the sprinkles on the batter after I put it on the griddle and when you flip it, the sprinkles get baked in. The top picture shows us using up the last of our Halloween and Christmas sprinkles.

Sometimes I even make them a little bit tastier for adults by adding pumpkin puree, pecans, and pumpkin pie spice or craisins and walnuts. Any kind of chocolate chip is also delicious!


1 comment:

Audrey and the Boys said...

Owen loves Mare's sprinkle pancakes and asks me to make them all of the time!