Saturday, February 16, 2008

Papa Frank & Grandma Becky's arrival and Valentine's Day



Our Valentine Cookies





Papa Frank helping Savannah (by keeping her off the table)

Grandma Becky decorating

We enjoyed five days of sun that melted all our snow! When we went to pick up Papa and Grandma on wednesday afternoon, there was no snow on the ground. As soon as we pulled in the driveway, it started snowing. Grandma was very excited because it doesn't snow much in Georgia. I didn't think much of it. It kept snowing. They said on the news to expect 1-3 inches. No problem. A few hours later, Matt and I had to go somewhere and it had not stopped, we were close to a foot and it showed no signs of letting up. The next morning I got up to go the the gym, took one look outside and went back to bed.

We had at least 16 inches, if not more. At 7 am I started to try and dig a pathway so we could walk outside and the neighbors told us that school had been cancelled. Happy Valentine's Day to us!
The kids played outside with Grandma and we thought of all the inside activities we could, since we were basically snowed in!

For breakfast we had cinnamon rolls with pink icing and these cute Healthy Hearts


For dinner the night before, I made Mini Cheeseburger Salad because it was such a hit the time before that I made it. I wanted to take a picture because it was kinda colorful and pretty. I highly recommend making this salad. Yum!
We went to a valentine's dinner at the church while grandma and papa babysat. We walked (since it is 2 blocks away), to avoid getting our car stuck in the parking lot, since they hadn't snow plowed it yet. We were participants in The Newlywed Game and somehow ended up playing a pickup game of basketball, with a bunch of teenage boys that Matt teaches in Sunday School, after the whole activity was over. After I finally got Matt to put down the basketball, we walked home and watched Scrubs reruns! Pretty romantic- I have to admit. It is funny though, because no matter what we end up doing for dates, we always have fun just being together. It was a pretty good day!






4 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

Totally cute pictures! I was deep in the blog and I'm glad I found your cute family! Hope all is well!

Laura said...

i loved seeing your in-laws. i love becky. what a wonderful woman!

The Flynn's said...

That's exciting that Frank and Becky came to visit. I LOVE it when my family comes to visit. It's such a treat! Your dinner looked yummy!

Audrey and the Boys said...

I love the cookies so pretty! It sounds like Becky and Frank had a great time!