Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Compliments and Positive Words

Yesterday I had the opportunity to watch the sweetest little girl, who happens to be Savannah's best friend. They play so well together and it is just an absolute joy to have them together.

I was doing dishes and I overheard this little girl say some of the cutest things. She was being totally sincere.
When she and Savannah were playing, she just said out of the blue, "Savannah you are so pretty." She repeated that a couple times throughout the day.
Then, when Matt was getting ready for work, he came into the room to say goodbye to them and she said, "I like this room- it smells so nice and clean."

She complimented me as well and it made me think about how compliments and positive words really make a difference in a persons attitude. This little girl is one of the happiest people around. She is always smiling and I have to say, that being around her, makes all the happiness and positive feelings completely contagious. We all felt happier and started saying nice things to one another.

It's so much better to build each other up instead of tearing each other down. And which ever of those we choose to do, can be done so easily with the words we decide to use.

No comments: