Monday, March 23, 2009

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster.
I was up.
I was down.
I was happy.
I was crying.
It was all fine and good.
Two of my brother's young co-workers were killed in a car wreck on Saturday afternoon.
He worked with them on Friday night and on Saturday, they were gone.
It has really shaken me up.
I just can't imagine losing someone like that, in an instant.
Today as we were driving down the road, I just thought about how you say goodbye to someone that is going somewhere and then they never come back.
I just feel so sad.
I can't imagine as a parent having your child walk out the door with friends and to have them never return. Not knowing that would be the last time you would see them, in this life.
I am just in tears.
I don't mean to bring anyone down.
But, just take the time today to tell your husband, wife, child, parent, friend, that you love them. Take the time to give them a hug. Don't waste time being angry. It just isn't worth it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sad. :( Does you brother need anything? Bread?

Jared and Katy said...

Good thought today...

Unknown said...

Mare- here is something that should make anyone laugh- not just the proud aunty! http://www.theresaworminmynose.blogspot.com/

Trishelle said...

Mary Ann, I'm so, so sorry to hear about this. Were these the kids involved in the Grist Mill accident?

Your insights into the tragedy are very profound and made me want to hug my kids a little tighter and snuggle with my husband. Thank you for that.

How's your brother doing?

Heather Bankhead said...

Kaylee knew them too and is so sad. it's awful.

Anonymous said...

i love you mary ann you are a sweet sweet woman. you are wonderful example, guide, light, strength, joy, the list goes on... don't be sad :) we know they are in a better place and WILL see them again :)