Sunday, September 7, 2008

Me

Have you ever spent your time wishing that you were someone else? Wasted time and energy being jealous of someone, or judgemental? Have you ever had that AHA moment when you are just happy to be yourself? Maybe you reconnect with an old friend, are able to really listen to someone who is having a really hard time, cry with someone who is heartbroken, or are able to emphathize with someone because of your own life experiences. You understand someone or something and feel human.
Sometimes it seems like when your heart breaks, it recedes and becomes smaller, has holes and you are vulnerable. But with time, you realize that your heart is actually enlarged. You are better able to understand and feel what other people are going through. It really is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. Isn't that what life is about anyway- Love?
Are you ever just satisfied with who you really are?
I hope so.
I hope that you have a moment that makes you realize how lucky you are to be yourself. A moment that you really are so happy to be you, that all your jealousy, self-doubt, judgements, and criticizm, all of it melts away and it doesn't matter anymore.
A moment when you have the time to think- I really connected with that person and I have alot to offer. I am someone. Someone Special.
I am glad to be me. With all my imperfections and all my life experiences, that have helped to make me who I am. I am thankful to have a wonderful, caring husband. Watching him connect with people, that makes my heart melt. He is such a good man. I am lucky. I am so blessed to have smart, wonderful, children, who are perfect. A wonderful family, sisters, brothers, parents, in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles, all of them.
I am glad I have my heart. It has been through alot. Many breaks, pains, and troubles, but through all of those experiences I think I am able to love other people more and give more of myself. I am just glad to be me today. Really, sincerely, happy about it.

10 comments:

Becky said...

It's all true. I am thankful for the caring person you are...and for all that you give.And for how I feel when I am around you. I love you lots and lots.
Becky

Jaime said...

yay, i love this post! it's great to happy with ourselves. i think we as women spend so much time comparing, wondering what people think or expect of us, etc. etc. We really should just be grateful for what the Lord gave us- our mind,bodies, talents, all of it! Thanks for this

Audrey and the Boys said...

That is wonderful to hear. I am glad you are you too! And especially glad that you are happy being you. Once you have achieved that, I think you can achieve anything.

Kim said...

Great post, it truly is something that we have to come to realize, there is so much out there, so many people who are better, it's easy to get swept away in self pity, so great reminder that we should think more of ourselves. What an aha moment.

Riin said...

I've had low self-esteem most of my life and only recently I've started noticing how special I am. I like everything you said. Thank you so much for this! Mul on hea meel, et sa oled õnnelik. :)

Just Us said...

I loved this post. So honest. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there on your blog and I admire that so much! And I have come to a similar realization myself lately and it's caused me to remember that if I'm jealous that someone else is doing something or being something that I wish I was, then the only person holding me back is me. That has helped me a lot and so anyway....this is a really long comment just to say, amen!

Jake B. said...

Wow Mare. This makes me really happy. I hope you can keep this great attitude up! Mind over Matter they say. Love you and the kiddies. I saw Matt at the game. It was lots of fun.

stephschmidt said...

I love it! I'm so glad you're happy with who you are, because I'm happy with who you are, too! That really was a beautiful post, and so true!

Trishelle said...

Mary Ann, I absolutely loved this blog entry. You really are a phenomenal person. It is good to hear that you are so happy because your great capacity to love others has brought so much happiness to them. It really serves you right!

The Shawcrofts said...

I want to read this post everyday from now on! What a good message and reminder, to just be happy with who you are. I love it. Thank you.