Saturday, September 6, 2008

Utah State Fair


I know all my posts lately have had tons of pictures, but we have been having fun and I do leave some of them out, I promise! Laura Dawn has moved from a 5day work week to a 4 day work week. YIPPIE! That means that we have more time to get together because she has Fridays off. She also is a State employee, so we got discount tickets to the State Fair. I can't remember the last time I went to any State Fair, so it was fun for all of us. Savannah and Ryanne were so taken with all the animals, that it took hours to look at all of them. They also were able to ride some little ponies, which made Ryanne's day. She loves horses more than anything, so she was a happy little girl. We decided to skip the lovely fair food (I saw a sign for deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches-how do they do that?) and went to grab Wendy's instead. That is when we decided that we would have to get together every Friday, just the Females, and do something Fun, Free and include Frosties and Fries. Cheesy, I know, but I am looking forward to FUN Fridays!


Ryanne was on Smoky and she was in Heaven! Savannah was riding Thunder, she was a little scared at first but really enjoyed it later on.







I am sorry, but I just thought the pigs were ridiculously silly looking. They were all laying on top of each other and some were actually snoring. Lazy!





Ryanne had to touch every animal she saw and ended up getting nipped by a goat and a bunny!
This last picture is kinda funny. I won't really say anything about it, but it made me laugh. Fun times!
p.s. I prefer looking at live animals! lesson learned from previous outing




5 comments:

Just Us said...

I love frosties and fries and fun too, so that's not cheesy, it's GREAT! :) Also, I had to laugh when you said that eventually the Bean museum just creeped you out because that's how I felt when I went through lol!

Cindy said...

I agree with you about liking the live animals better! Also love the picture of the baby pigs with the black spots; so adorable! Looks like you had a great time!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I went when Addy was maybe 4 and it was really fun!

Jaime said...

i love that about you and your fam. how you do free fun stuff like touring homes, parks, etc. just spending time being together as family- that's great priorities to alot "fun" family time. I think you're a fun mom, too. Next to you and Audrey- I'm probably not so much fun mom as drill sergeant making them help clean a lot, But i'm trying to be better. we all had slumber party fun friday night while we got them candy, popcorn, movie and let them stay up late watching Lil Mermaid 3, and we are planning our 1st camp trip!!

Audrey and the Boys said...

Looks like fun! I am glad that Ryanne got to ride the ponies. That probably is the highlight of her young life. She loves ponies so much! Wish we could have been there, but I guess then it couldn't be female only!