Thursday, March 20, 2008

Favorite Flowers

Is it a magnolia? No, but I do like these. White flowers seem so pure and clean.
or maybe gardenia? Close. Oh, and if you are wondering, these are the most expensive flower you can get as a corsage for your prom. Not that I know from experience or anything. If you are wondering what brought this all into my mind.... well,

with spring just around the corner, I started thinking about my favorite flowers. I am by no means a gardener, but I enjoy the smell, beauty, and happiness that flowers possess. Here are my favorites, (my favorite white ones, are above), in a particular order. The Stargazer lily- This one is just so vibrant and alive. I love the color, shape, and texture of this flower.
Hydrangea- I never really even knew about this one until I moved to Georgia. My mother- in law has a hydrangea bush in her front yard, right up next to her house, so she always has these (and other beautiful flowers) in her house and outside, of course. The color is really comforting and inviting.
My old favorite, that I still love- daffodil. It just says spring. It is bright yellow, like the sun and just adds that certain something when you see it against the green grass.

So, now you know my favorites. For something fun, post your favorites and I can learn something new about you!







5 comments:

The Flynn's said...

Oooh, I love magnolias too! So pretty!

Jaime said...

well, my post would be quite similar. I love hydrangea's too! I want to plant one by my porch also. And, we are just about to plant daffodils by the mailbox. We have planted 50 trees in 2 years, no joke, I had Danny count! Mostly leland cypress sp? for a nice barrier, but some red maple and dogwoods. I can't wait until they grow bigger!

Kim said...

I too love some of those same flowers. Hydrangea and Daffodils were all over the place in Oregon, we even had both at our old house. I am missing them here and wonder how they would fair if I planted some? I too am no green thumb, I wish I had a knack for gardening. Flowers blooming is for sure one of the things I love most about spring.

Audrey and the Boys said...

I love gardenia and hydrangea too. Such pretty photos! I have a hydrangea bush at my house so we'll see if I can get some pretty blooms this year!

Unknown said...

I love love love gardenias. White is my favorite color of almost everything!