Monday, March 10, 2008

Chick-fil-A, Cake Stands, and an Idea for Bookshelves

We finally took the kids to the only Chick-fil-A in Utah that is not located in a mall. I am still trying to figure out why there aren't more Chick-fil-A's around here. It is closed on Sunday, the food actually tastes good, and the employees end every conversation with "My pleasure". What more could you want in fast food restaurant? We weren't watching for a moment and then noticed Savannah was coming down the slide with Jonah. He then demonstrated how he helped her climb (he lifted her) up the step-like tunnel things and helped her go down the slide. Quite interesting.

Here is a picture of a cakestand I have been coveting. I have been searching on the internet for it and have had no luck.


This weekend I found this cakestand at Target. It was kind of similar to the one above and probably less expensive. I think that pink cake will look pretty on it.



My friend gave me an idea about how to arrange books on a bookshelf. She said to group the books together according to the spine color and that it would look pretty. So, I rearranged the books shown above and I think it looks good. It is a little bit funny that I started with blue on the top shelf because when I was looking at the bookshelf later from a distance, I noticed that Jonah's globe is on top and it is mainly blue. I wonder if I subconsciously noticed that color and started from there?



5 comments:

camilla said...

I love the cakestand! That is so cool that you found it at Target. I also really like the bookshelf idea, I am going to try that when I move, it would be too much work to do it now and then to do it again.

Kim said...

Cute Cakestand I too love the one in the picture. I have never been to a Chick fil a that was not in the mall and the one that I have been too was in a mall and is no longer there, but anyway, it was super duper yummy. I love chil fil a too, but it's been a while. I like the bookshelf, fun idea.

Audrey and the Boys said...

I love the cakestand too. I don't have a single cakestand and I have really been wanting one. Maybe I'm due a trip to Target. The book shelf organization is great too. It looks really cool.

Holly said...

Love the cakestand. Could really use a bite of chick-fil-a right now. Amazing bookshelf. I love that you have so many cookbooks.

Tara Heiner Blog said...

Last night I made Cashew Chicken. We loved it. Thanks for posting the recipe.