Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tell me what you really think

Ok, I need some opinions on this.

Ryanne's b-day is coming up on Oct. 25th. It is a Sunday. Matt is going to be going to football games every saturday in October, except the 24th, so that is the day that we already set aside to go to South Carolina for a temple trip.
Basically, there really isn't a good time for a b-day party, where dad can be a part of it.

So, I came up with the idea of combining Ry and Savannah's b-day parties into one big party!
Savannah's b-day is Nov. 27th, so their b-day's are a little over a month apart.

Ry wants a unicorn party and Savannah wants a pink pony party.
So what would be easier than having a pink unicorn pony party for both of them?

I asked Matt what he thought about this and he said a double party would be LAME!!!

He has some really interesting ideas about b-day celebrations and what they should be like.

Anyway, I am thinking that they want the same theme, so a combination b-day party would mean:
- I only have to make and decorate 1 horse-y cake
- I only have to buy decorations and put up said decorations once
- it might be possible to actually find 1 day that would work for a party, much easier than finding 2 days
- Ry and Bans are only 2 years apart, so they have some of the same friends
- Idk, it seems like it would be easier??

So maybe I am lazy and lame.

if you think I am lame, go ahead and tell me. Trust me, I can take it.

10 comments:

Aloha_Misty said...

I am a twin and we always had the same birthday party. We always had our own cake to make up for having the same birthday. Not only that the sisters should experience little jealousy when they open the presents! I say GO FOR IT! It is double the fun, double the friends and half the work and expense!

Aloha_Misty said...

Wow I sound like a double mint gum commercial.

Unknown said...

I always like to make cake twice and have family over twice. BUT if it meant Dave would or would not be there...no brainer...double party. (with 2 pony cakes!)

Tiffany said...

If Matt wants another party tell him he's charge of it. Then he'll probably be on board with your idea. I'm sure they will have more fun with all the kids there. You can still do something special for each of them on their individual birthdays, make special dinner, have family over that sort of stuff.

Maila said...

Marta and Paul had this year BD-party together. It was pretty nice... since they have some mutual friends it worked out just fine. Paul is born 10 July and Marta 31 July. It was just so much easier that way..to have the party for both at the same time.

Jaime said...

i say yes, easier for you, and they will love the fact that they get to share the fun event (it's different than usual) and they will think it's a blast as long as they get presents, friends, cake, and balloons!

Juliagullia said...

We did joint parties as kids (Brian and I) I thought they were fantastic, him not so much. I'd say as long as Ry thinks it's a good idea, I'd do the joint party. On Ry's actual b-day I'm sure you'll do a little something and she'll appreciate it. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Mandy said...

Many years I shared a party with one of my best friends, our birthdays were on the same day, she lived just four houses away so we had all the same friends. I loved it, I thought it was great fun! I can't wait to see a picture of the cake and or cakes!

Kim's Page said...

Every child needs their own party. I think someone needs to free up matt's schedule.

Anonymous said...

Ask the girls if they think it'd be fun. If they say yes then go for it!