Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jacks River Falls

For Labor Day we went to Jacks River Falls. It is about a 3-4 hour drive and then there is a nice hike to the Falls. Matt and I have been on this hike a couple of times together. The first time when I was barely pregnant with Jonah and then the next year when Jonah was about 5 months old. Both times, we have gone with large groups of people, but this time it was just us.
The kids did really great on the hike, which is about 3 miles there and then another 3 miles back. The weather was perfect, not too hot but not cold either. We brought the kids swimming suits and they got to play in the cold water. Jonah was having a blast jumping in and swimming around.





The girls didn't get as wet- they kind of played around the edges of the water





Matt jumped off the cliffs into the water and I have to say, I have really loosened up in the past 9 years. I didn't get mad at him at all. And I didn't fear for his life.


It was a really beautiful day. We had lots of fun together.
Jonah even carried the pack for awhile, and asked me the whole time if it was making his muscles bigger.
By the time we got back to the car, everyone was hot and sweaty and feeling a little gross and stinky. At least we were all in it together.....



The highlight for Jonah was spotting this Timber Rattlesnake. We didn't know what kind of rattler is was when we saw it, but a little research on the internet helped us identify it. Jonah was quite intrigued. Yikes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok love the pictures! I want to go there and was the water cold like it is in Utah? The snake is GROSS and would have creeped me out! And when Richard jumped off this rock in TN I boutlost it It was so scary, but boys will be boys...

Tiffany said...

Those are some GREAT pictures!! Looks like you had lots of fun!! That would totally freak me out to see a rattle snake that close!

Audrey and the Boys said...

We saw a snake midway through eating a frog last time we were there. Sounds like a great trip. Glad you guys had fun!