Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear Sleeping-through-the-Night AKA Getting-a-good-night's-rest,

Hey- How are you doing?
It's been awhile. I really miss you.
You used to live with us and I think I took you for granted. When you left, about a year ago, I didn't think that you would be gone this long. I thought you would go on a short vacation and then return, and we would all be one big, happy family.

Boy was I wrong.
I mean, I do appreciate the fact that you come and visit every so often and stay for a day or two, but what happened? Why don't you want to live here anymore?

Life is so much better when you are here. Everyone seems happier, healthier and you know, I think you really do do a body good.

I can't figure out why you don't want to stay. We all really like you. I know you probably think that Savannah doesn't like you, because she is the one who scared you away in the first place, but I think that the two of you should be able to make some sort of deal with each other. Maybe you could sleep with her in her bed. That is what she really wants. You could pat her back and make sure she doesn't wake up screaming, which kind of disturbs everyone else. Yes! That is the solution. You need to come back to stay and make friends with Savannah. I just know the 2 of you could be best friends!

I know, let's set up a tentative sleepover for the rest of this week, just to see how it goes. We have a night light and we leave all the bedroom doors open. Oh, and if anyone needs a drink of water before bed they are more than welcome to get one.
All I ask is that you stay in your own bed (or in Savannahs), don't wake me up in the middle of the night and carry on for hours (that makes it really hard for me to fall back asleep because then I am completely and utterly wide awake, which makes for a really hard day) and well, just be yourself.
If you accept our invitation, I will tell the rest of the family that you are coming back to stay!
I am soo excited that you might consider moving back in with us! It really has been too long. We need to catch up!
Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Murray AKA person who is wide awake at 3:51 am and has been for 2 hours due to a sleep disturbance :)

6 comments:

Juliagullia said...

Cute post,I think sleeping through the night has gone on a long vacation and forgot to come back. We suffer from the same. I hope sleeping through night returns.

Becky said...

Poor sweet baby! That's what Frank and I say to each other when we can't "fix it" when one or the other of us has had a bad day.
Just when everybody grows up and moves out, one stays awake or wakes up too many times all by oneself!

Jared and Katy said...

HILARIOUS!...I think I may need to write to Mr.Go-to-bed-earlier dude...that is where I need the help!

Jaime said...

amen! hang in there and keep trying different things...like benadryl-lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Ready this brought back ALOT of memories from living with ya'll.... awww mare i love you! i hope you get sleep soon!

Audrey and the Boys said...

I had a friend whose child did not sleep through the night until he was three. But magically at three he started sleeping through the night! Maybe that will happen for Savannah. You are getting close!