Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gratitude

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving Break. We had fun. It was nice not having to travel anywhere and being able to get everything ready at home. My cousins came here for Thanksgiving day and we had a really nice visit. I really enjoyed the company, laughs, and of course the food. But, now back to everyday life.
You just can't let Savannah out of your sight for a minute. But at least she is happy about whatever she is doing. I was making lunch and everyone seemed to be busy, when my mom said, get your camera and come see where Savannah is.
I guess she was thirsty? She does like eating lotion, unfortunately.


Ryanne wanted to have her picture taken too, and this is the face she made.

Later, Savannah was playing peek-a boo and smiling.
One of my cousins shared a thought with us on Thanksgiving about gratitude and writing down what you are grateful for.
It has been proven that if you actually write down and record the things that you are grateful for each day, you will be happier, more positive, exercise more, and hey, I could use a little more of all of that.
I have done it before in my journal, writing down 10 things each night that I am thankful for and I think I am going to start doing it again.
So, here goes- my gratitude list for today-
1- socks, to keep my feet warm
2- warm soup
3- low gas prices
4- my family
5- the ability to laugh
6- glasses
7- my mother-in-law, who raised such a wonderful son
8- holiday breaks from school
9- nights when Savannah doesn't wake up screaming and sleeps in
10- hugs

6 comments:

Brandi said...

I don't know why kids love to eat lotion. I guess it taste good to them. She is just too cute. Happy birthday!!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I think her and Natalie share a mental link because she seems to do the same things Natalie does, let me know when she starts biting the paint off the walls!
Your Thanksgiving sounded nice, I miss the huge dinner with uncles and cousins, good times!
PLEASE COME AND GET SOME FUDGE!!!!
It keeps calling out "Maryann I am waiting!".

Audrey and the Boys said...

I like your list. I could just copy that one for my journal and replace the name Savannah with Will:)

Kelley said...

Cute pics and a great list. I've started being more grateful lately, and life has definitely taken a turn for the better. :)

Carlia said...

Good grief, your girls are cute!!!

stephschmidt said...

Cute pictures! Don't you wonder how kids find their way into sinks, and other random places? :)