Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer?


There was this one day last week that was pretty warm. I think it might have gotten up to 70 degrees. The kids were outside with some friends and they started complaining about how hot is was out there.

I had to laugh, because it was no where near hot. It was warm, but what do you expect after snow and months of freezing? I remember as a kid the first day that it got to be about 70 degrees- that was the day we got on our swimsuits and wanted to run through the sprinkler.


Jonah and Ry put on their swimsuits, but their friends didn't have any at our house, so they just got their clothes wet. Good thing their mom didn't care.

Savannah was banned by the doctor that same day from being on the trampoline or jumping at all. She is walking around, but she was not allowed to get on the trampoline, which made her sad. The kids wanted to play "Dodge Squirt", so I decided Savannah could be in control of the water. Then she wouldn't cry and everyone could have fun.
The other kids were a little bit scared of her with the hose at first.

This is when Ryanne said-"We are human. We are not grass." Then they all started chanting "we are here, we are here" (Thank you Horton Hears a Who). The chanting got louder and louder and I started laughing, because it was pretty funny.



Savannah finally got the hang of it (with a little help from me)

She was satisfied with her job. And then she decided to turn the hose on herself.

That warm day was just a tease, as the weather has cooled down a bit, since then. Jonah was complaining about how hot it was that day and I warned him not to complain, because in about a month, we are going to actually realize the meaning of HOT. Georgia summer-I don't think my kids remember you. :)

5 comments:

Becky said...

What fun! We are sorry that you missed our itty bitty spring (It is gorgeous, though.)because we've already zoomed into the 90's. It's gonna be a hot summer but we'll have the pool ready.
I'm so excited because tomorrow is MAY!!!! The fam comes this month from Utah..and even from Virginia!! Yea, yeah, YEA!!

Juliagullia said...

ha ha..... your kids are SOOOO cute! I'm so sad I missed out on seeing you last month. How much longer do you have before you have to leave for Georgia?

Unknown said...

I wish it was 70 today. :(

Kelley said...

Aw, what is Spring if not the season of teasing? First it's cold... no wait, hot...no just kidding, cold and wet and gross... but here's a little more sunshine to whet your appetite. Drives me crazy, actually.

I remember playing outside constantly during the Georgia summers, but I was so young that I don't think I even noticed the heat and humidity. I do now, though. Kansas summers are NOT pleasant, especially in August!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!!! SO precious and I love that new swimsuit you got Ryanne! SO cute!