Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Come, ye disconsolate, where'er ye languish. Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel. Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal."

I have had the words to this hymn running through my mind all day.
I don't really feel like going into all the details of the people and sorrows that have been on my mind, but the last sentence-"Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal", has really made me feel better about some things.
It's just hard to deal with the pain sometimes here on earth and the unanswered questions, but I know that Heaven really can heal all of our sorrows, hurts, and pains.

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Sue Anne said...

That hymn has comforting memories for me as well. Back in 1969, we were expecting our second child the end of February. We had moved from SLC to Logan a couple of months before. At about eight months, things seemed not to be doing well and a visit to our doctor in Salt Lake confirmed that the baby had died before birth. I, with 16-months-old Julie Anne, stayed down in Bountiful with my parents and waited for the birth, which didn't occur for a couple of weeks. One of the Sundays I attended my parents' ward in Bountiful, I remember very well that "Come Ye Disconsolate" was a song we sang in Sacrament Meeting. It had special meaning for me then.

Jaime said...

great thoughts, i'm grateful for comforting hymns and scriptures too.

robert said...

Thanks for sharing, and for posting some of Thomas Moore's beautiful hymn. To learn more about him and his song, check out my daily blog on hymns for today, Wordwise Hymns. I've provided a link to an absolutely spectacular rendering of the hymn by the Baylor University Choir. Hope you get a blessing from it.